Last updated 3rd of April 2019
Authorized by Tyler James (Owner)
- Methods of Processing Data
- How we use your information
- How we protect your how your information
- Accessing and updating your personal information
- Email Choice/opt-out
- Children’s Privacy and Parental Control
- Disclaimer to Security
- Notification of Changes
- Our Contact information
We collect two types of information
- information that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g. through a voluntary registration process, sign-ups or emails)
- information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms.
Voluntary Information for Services and Features
- We [also] collect personally identifiable information when you choose to use certain other features of the Site, including: i) consenting to receive email or text messages about upcoming promotions or events
- consenting to receive email. When you choose to use these additional features, we require you to provide your “Contact Information” in addition to other personal information that may be required to complete a transaction. Occasionally, we may also request information such as your shopping preferences and demographics which will help us better serve you and our others users in the future.
Financial transactions relating to [our website and services] [are] OR [may be] handled by our payment services providers, [identify PSPs]. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at [URLs].
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislation the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- Provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been completed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
You may choose to invite friends to join the (“UmbrellaLogic.ca”) by sending invitation emails via our invite feature. Umbrellalogic.ca stores the email addresses you provide so that the respondents may be added to social network, confirm orders/purchases and also to send reminders of the invitations. We do not sell email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides Newsletters, Events, Promotions and other promotions that are only Delivered from an Umbrella Logic Email account, or Employee Email account only for the purposes of promoting the legal Business of Umbrellalogic.ca,. Recipients of invitations may contact (“support@UmbrellaLogic.ca”) to request removal of their information from our database.
How We Use Your Information
(“UmbrellaLogic.ca”) only uses your personal information for the original purposes it was given. Your personal information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection.
(“UmbrellaLogic.ca”) will not disclose, use, give or sell any personal information to third parties. Although our suppliers and other third parties may receive information only on a need to know basis for very specific reasons, such as to order deliver services on behalf of (“UmbrellaLogic.ca) unless required to do so by law. Further, UmbrellaLogic.ca reserves the right to contact you regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected.
Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to provide you with a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you. We use your personally identifiable information to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling your order; providing customer service; tracking email invitations you send; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site.
UmbrellaLogic.ca may use your personal information for target advertising toward you based on things such as region, gender, interests, goals, habits, etc.
We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyze data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our Web site usage, and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site. We may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders.
Also, we may share personally identifiable or other information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates.
We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
UmbrellaLogic.ca may disclose Contact Information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms and conditions of use or may be causing injury or interference with our rights, property, our customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities.
You will receive notice when your personally identifiable information might be provided to any third party for any reason other than as set forth in this, and you will have an opportunity to request that we not share such information.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and for business and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
4) We Protect Your Information
UmbrellaLogic.ca is committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
5) Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences
We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personal information for many of our services. You may modify or remove any of your personal information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features such as edit and account.
6) Email Choice/Opt-out
If you no longer wish to receive updates or notifications may opt-out of receiving these communications by changing your “email notification” settings in your “account settings.”
7) Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls
We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
8) Disclaimer to Security
By consenting to the Terms and Conditions of the Site and hence the, you consent that no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you provide to us and you transmit such information to us at your own risk.
10) CONTACT INFORMATION
Umbrella Logic Marketing
:Located in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Give us 3-5 Business Days to respond to your inquiry